Tuesday, November 30, 2010

German Chocolate Cupcakes

It had been a while since I had German Chocolate cake...I think the last time was in middle school! So, hen a friend asked me to try and make them...I got a bit nervous. First because I'd never made them, and second I didnt even remember what they tasted like! All I remembered was that they had coconut in the frosting. So what did I do? I googled.

And found Magnolia Bakery's recipe for German Chocolate Cake. (Thanks to Shutterbean! Click name for recipe).

The recipe was quite simple and my oh my I don't know why I'd strayed away from this amazing cake for so long! The cake is light and sweet, but the winner is the frosting. I snuck a few spoonfuls as I was waiting for it to cool. The frosting was a little runnier than I am used to so I had a bit of a hard time frosting and trying to make it look pretty. In the picture below, you'll see what I mean. But its soo good it doesnt event matter what it looks like! :)


See, its a little lumpy looking? I added a little star to each to take away some of the lumpiness and it kind of worked:


And I took a pic of my little mini coconut cake. It was so pretty just had to share it with you all: =)


Lastly, here is a picture of cousin Adrian enjoying some cupcakes:




Thanks for reading =)

xo,

Treen

No comments:

Post a Comment