Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Smore's Cupcakes

Wow, I don't know what to say, I've had many cupcake adventures since I created this blog in Sep of last year, but it is my goal to keep up at it :). So, lest start with the most recent adventure.

Behold, (one of the versions) Smore's Cupcake!


This one here, is a chocolate chip cake, with a grahm cracker crust. I topped it with fresh, homemade marshmallows, torched em' and drizzled crumbled grahm crackers and chocolate ganache.

I was pretty happy with the outcome, especially with the fresh marshmallow topping! (thanks martha stewart! ;] )

It got rave reviews from my tasters, who suggested I try adding nutella in the middle...which is an idea I have tried! Well, kind of...

Here is a picture of an earlier version of smores cupcakes I made during the holidays. As you can see, I added chocolate ganache in the batter, which made for an awesome creamy chocolate texture. For this frosting I used the whipped marshmallow straight outta the box, which was not the best idea. It was very messy!


I think the next time I make the smores cupcakes, I'm going to combine both of the cupcakes! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment