Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hotcake Bakes LA

Last week, I had dinner with a dear friend of mine, who is really the person who awakened my love for cupcakes. I mean yes, I've always loved cupcakes...I can remember back in elementary schools when we used to have bake sales...I always begged my mom to make some for me to bring and I'd always ask for a few bucks to buy some too. I especially loved the ones with sprinkles. :) Ahhh memories. But Suzanne, would come in to work and tell me about these yummy cupcakes she made or was planning on making. And she'd even bring them in some days. And one day I just thought, I want to bake cupcakes too!
And poof. We'd tell each other new recipes we'd try and bring in samples for each other and just talk about cupcakes...it was so fun! Today was really great because we got to catch up on each others lives and she was sweet enough to bring me presents...from Hotcake Bakes!

We sat and chatted for many hours and I was planning to save my treats for later on so i could take pics and savor each one. That didn't happen lol. On the drive back to the airport I thought they were sitting safe in their clamshell...little did I know that they were moving around like jumping beans in there! And then, when passing thru security, they turned my bag sideways which again caused cupcake turbulance. Here is what they looked like:




L to R: forgot the first one :(, Lemon, pumpkin, cookies and cream, gingerbread, and mint chocolate
I was hoping to blog aobut this place sooner but didnt get a chance to so I dont have details about each cupcake...but I remember which ones I enjoyed the most. The gingerbread cupcake was so moist and spice-y and the frosting was a bit tart...yum. It made me want to try out a recipe for gingerbread cupcakes! The other one I really enjoyed was the cookies and cream. The frosting is what got me and it was because they use cream cheese frosting instead of regular buttercream...the mix of cream cheese with the cookies is so delicious! It reminds me of oreo truffles. :)
Before Suzanne told me about this place, I'd never heard of them...and then she told me they were on cupcake wars and won! I wish I had seen that episode and I may hulu it so I can see them in action. And I want to go back next time I am in the area to try their cupcake war winning cupcake! :)
Thanks Suzanne! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment