Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Boston Cream Pie and Petit Fours Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes for my (awesome) supervisor's farewell party. I'm gonna miss her!

I decided to make Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes and Petit Four Cupcakes. She loves chocolate, and I was just really craving the petit four cupcakes. They are one of my favorites.

For those of you who dont know, a petit four is a tiny cake layered with vanilla cake, raspberry filling and marzipan, and covered in liquid fondant icing. They are often found at dessert shops or at places that serve high tea. The ones I always see look like presents:

petitfour.jpeg



I decided to decorate the cupcakes with a flower theme, and I put them all together in a pot for a cupcake bouquet. The boston creams were decorated with oreo sunflowers (it was my first time so they look kinda wilted lol), and the petit fours with sugar flowers.

Boston Cream:

Petit Four Cupcake:

Everyone at worked loved em, and the oreos on the boston creams were a big hit. I sure am gonna miss you Bridget :( But I know we'll keep in touch! :)

Oh, I also had extra cream from the Boston Creams so I made pie for my Grandma's birthday...a delicious Banana Cream Macadamia Pie! The only problem I had was the cream was too runny to be in a pie. But I know what to do for next time; this pie will definitely be created again! :)

Ok, thats all for now!

:) Trinkette

No comments:

Post a Comment