Monday, October 25, 2010

Caramel Apple Cupcakes


Last week my grandma called me to pick up some fruits and vefgies from their abundant garden. I had my pick at beautiful purple eggplants, the last of the tomoatoes, and thefirst of teh persimmons. Ahh, I love it! While back there my grandparents picked a big bg of apples for me. Adorable, teeny gala apples. But a whole bag? What to do with all those apples!? Then came the idea...caramel apple cupcakes.

I wanted to make them for my "birthday/welcome to our new house" shindig which approached way faster than I thought so I borrowed a recipe from the always creative blogger: Chocklity. Cheryl has been an inspiration to me in thinking of and creating things into cupcakes. She is great so be sure to check her out if you haven't already!

So here it is...

Caramel Apple Cupcakes by Chocklity:



Pretty eh? ;)

So, as you can see from the picture above, the apples from my grandparents garden are very teeny. My cupcakes turned out a little dry, and I believe it was because there wasn't much juice left in those apples. They turned out to be more of a caramel apple muffin, but still yummy. :) Next time I use them I plan to incorporate larger apples and use apple sauce in place of half the sugar.

The caramel I used was not from scratch. :/ I just didnt have time okay! I was trying to prep the house and make sure the place was spotless to impress my family! hehe. So I had Jon pick up some caramel squares while out at the store. If I had more time, and when I make these again I plan to make caramel and channel my inner Martha. I used the recipe on the back of the bag. It was just melting the caramels and adding some heavy cream to it.

I did have extra caramel so I decided to dip a few of the left over apples in there! :) And why yes, that is a handle from a plastic fork I am using as a handle!


Oh btw, I was on a manhunt looking for canned butternut squash and after a week and a half of looking, I gave up. I picked up 3 butternut squashes from the farmers market this morn and plan to experiment tomorrow! :) Yay! And I'll have plenty of butternut to make yummy soup...my fave. hooray!

Thanks for reading everyone. :) Happy fall/boot wearing season!

xo,

treen


No comments:

Post a Comment