Monday, May 24, 2010

Cookies and Cameras and Cupcakes OH MY!

Hi Everyone in blogger land!

I'm so sleepy right now...I'm just hanging out at Blue Dot Cafe in Alameda, trying to catch up on my blogging and photo uploading! :)

I had a super fun weekend...went to LA to watch the GLEE concert! It was so amazing! I think I may have to make some glee cupcakes. :D

Anyhows, last week, I worked on two cupcake projects!

First, here is a picture of my version of the Cookie Monster Cupcakes:


I made these for Emily, my Brother Bears girlfriend. She was celebrating her 20th bday and she totally loves cookie monster!I was really happy with the way they turned out! They are a vanilla cake dyed blue with a surprise oreo at the bottom! Topped with cream cheese frosting, blue jimmies and a chocolate chip cookie:


This is a picture my brother took:

It's one of Emily's many cookie monsters scoping out this crew of cupcakes that look like him! Allen made a little slideshow of them...like cookie monster sees the cupcakes and wants to eat the cookies so he plots and eventually opens the case and gets them! It was really cute. :) And, Emily loved them so these were a success!

And my second project was for my Mama's photo exhibit. They are red velvets with Chocolate fondant cameras. I made the fondant a few days before, and it took so long! I was on a search for black fondant but couldnt locate any, so I just decided to make it. And I was very happy and impressed with the color and flavor! It was true black and not grey, which took me a very long time to get to btw.


I made the cameras on thursday, while my mom and I were glued to the TV...the season finale of Grey's was so intense! They were really fun to work on and I was pretty happy with the way they turned out...they were all a bit different...some had longer lenses...i think thats what they're called lol...and some I even made as simple point and shoot cameras like mine.

Here is a picture of them at the show...I wasn't able to attend because I was in LA, but my mom told me they were a hit! :)


I have a project this week, and I'm brainstorming ideas in my head! Until next time!

-Trina


No comments:

Post a Comment