Monday, June 14, 2010

Baking a Difference

Hi everyone. I’d been mentioning about a bake sale I was hosting, and great news, its coming up in two weeks! Below is a flyer i created, and what I wrote for our church bulliten. Please come and support! (Ps. sorry the flyer is blurry, i didnt know how to make the image bigger so i just stretched it :p)




My name is Catrina Armas, and I am a fellow parish member here at All Saints. I currently work for the Alameda County Community Food Bank. Through a network of 275 community based organizations, including food pantries, soup kitchens, after-school programs, senior centers, shelters and other community-based organizations, the Food Bank provides food assistance to 49,000 people each week. In 2009, 1 in 6 residents of Alameda County used our services; 43% of them children.

This year, nearly 17 million kids face hunger. That’s almost one in four. But, there is hope. Thanks to programs like Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale, we can all do out part to end childhood hunger in America.

I am determined to make a difference in the fight against childhood hunger in America. By participating in Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale, I am committed to raising awareness and funds to make sure no kid in America grows up hungry.

I’m taking my love for baking and I’m putting it to good use to help kids struggling with hunger, but I need your help! Please make a donation to my bake sale and support Share Our Strength’s efforts to surround kids with nutritious food where they live, learn and play. We will have a variety of goodies available, so come hungry!

The bake sale will take place on June 27th, 2010 at All Saints Church in Hayward. We will be out there from around 8:00 am until 1:00 pm. I hope you all can make it and show your support!

There will also be a barrel from the Alameda County Community Food Bank, where we will be accepting non-perishable canned goods and other items.

If you are interested in baking, or donating items or your time, please contact Catrina Armas at Catrinaarmas@gmail.com.

----
Thanks for reading, and I hope you really can stop by and show your support by donating and/or buying some yummy treats!

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment