Friday, June 10, 2011

Ube and Coconut Cheesecake

I love ube and i love coconut! What a great combo here. =)

For those of you who don't know, ube is a purple yam used in many Filipino desserts like cake, ice cream, cookies or one of my faves Halo-Halo!

I had heard about someone using ube in a cheesecake so i wanted to give it a go. This was the first time I ever made a cheescake! And my gosh it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. It was alot of beating and alot of waiting. :P But look at what came of all the hard work:



Beautiful purple color with coconut jammed in the crust and atop the cake. *mmm*

So, as I mentioned, this was my first attempt at ANY cheesecake. First mistake was not paying attention to how many packets of cream cheese was equivalent to the number of grams needed. I was about 200 short but it still turned out hehe. Second mistake was not having long enough tin foil to wrap the pan for the water bath :/, third was that I don't own a roasting pan (vegetarian here!) for the water bath. So as you can probably guess, water got in my pan :( boo! Luckily it didnt affect the crust too much, but still. The next cheescake I will be making will not be the water bath method!

Verdict: I liked it alot! It was tangy and sweet and the taro flavor popped out at you just right. Because I was short on cream cheese, it was more of a mousse cake which was ok, but I loveee cheesecake so I cant wait to make it again. And this time, I'll have all of the cream cheese I need and it will (hopefully) have a crunchy crust!




Yum.

thanks for reading!

xo,

Treen

No comments:

Post a Comment