Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Feelings on cake pops

So, as you may know, I havent really been a fan of cake pops. Well I mean, I love love love eating them, and admiring them...especially Bakerella's amazingly beautiful creations. What I didn't love was making them.


The first time I made them was near Christmas. I made Bakerella's adorable reindeer pops and man, I did not know how much work they were and how long they were going to take! Baking, mixing, dipping, decorating, packaging...it's a lot of work! And what I had the most trouble with was keeping the cake from falling of the stick, and with un-smooth chocolate coating. Some of them turned out good...like this guy below:







But after all that work, I think it took nearly 4 hours I decided not to make them anymore.


Then a friend asked if I would be able to make them for her and I decided to give it another go. I wanted to get some practice in, and second time....ay yay yi...same deal. Third time, I decided to do some research and really get this right!


And wow, what a difference it made! I followed directions to the T (I'd been taking shortcuts before, trying to get it done quicker and not refrigerate as often as I was supposed to) and I found out neat techniques to help smoothen out the pops and voila! this is what I got:



:) I know, the cake balls are a little lopsided but look how smooth they are! Yay!


And here is a picture of them nicely packaged:



So now that I know how to make them, I kind of like them. Alot. I can't wait to start experimenting. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on cake pops Bakerella style, but I definitely want to start playing around more with them. They are a lot of work, but look how cute they are!


Now, here are some bonus pics of some cupcakes I made recently:


German Chocolate:


Carrot and Red Velvet:





Mash-up pic of the cupcakes and pops (thanks Instagram!)



Thanks for reading! =)



xo,



Treen

No comments:

Post a Comment